Your installed Windows 7 must be activated within 3 days after the first login into the system. In order to extend the trial period to 30 days, click the Start button and search for 'cmd.exe'. Open the Command Prompt with administration rights and type: slmgr.vbs /rearm
Do not forget about the activation! If the operating system is not activated, a warning message will pop up saying that the software is illegal.
If you choose to activate your Windows via the internet and you’re already online, the process is quick and simple.
Take these steps to activate your Windows 7:
- Open Windows Activation by clicking the Start button, right-click Computer, go to Properties, then click Activate Windows now.
- If Windows detects an internet connection, click Activate Windows online now. Administrator permission is required.
- If you are prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.
- Type your Windows 7 product key when prompted, click Next, then follow the instructions.
If Windows is not able to activate the product online, you will have the option to activate Windows 7 using an automated phone system. There are actually 3 options how to activate your Windows using the phone activation. One that requires you to make a call and two other ways that you can go through without picking up the phone. Let’s have a look at all of them.
Option 1 and 2 - Using Letactivate.com
These two options will be explained together as the beginning and the end of the procedure is the same for both of them.
- Go to the letactivate.com website and use your e-mail and order number to log in.
Note: Letactivate.com is a semi-automated online phone activation system, which cooperates with the Microsoft servers. We've prepared this service to make the phone activation more convenient for you.
- Firstly, you will need to choose if your installation ID will be grouped in blocks of numbers containing 6 digits (IDs for Windows 8 and older) or 7 digits (IDs for Windows 10 and Office 2013 or newer).
After you pick the number of digits, you will need to get your installation ID. This is the part where the Option 1 and Option 2 differ.
Getting your installation ID
- Download this CMD file: GetInstallationID.cmd, right-click the file and choose the ‘Run as administrator’ option. A window about PC security might appear - if that happens, just click ‘More options’, then ‘Run anyway’. A Notepad file like this will open up:
You can see your Installation ID in this window. Copy this number and get back to the letactivate.com website to paste the number into the empty boxes (see the picture with the text ‘Please enter your installation ID’ below).
- Click the search window in your Windows and write ‘slui 4’ (include the space between the word and the number as well). Click the search result and a blue window will appear. Just click Next and then you will see your Installation ID (like in the picture below this text).
- In this case, you will need to copy the groups of digits separately and paste it into the empty boxes on the letactivate.com website. Once done, it will look like this:
- Now just click Verify.
- You will need to wait for a couple of moments for the verification to be done. This might take longer if more people are verifying their Installation ID at once.
- Now you just have to introduce the Confirmation ID in the appropriate boxes (A, B, C, D, E, F, G, H) and click next.
- And that’s all! Your software is now successfully activated.
Note: If the Letactivate.com website didn’t generate the confirmation ID, the purchased license has issues with regional limitations, or the activation line is busy, please try again in 5 minutes. Also our Customer care can activate the program or exchange the product for you by using the Forscope Remote Help.
Option 3 - Making a call
- Open Windows Activation by clicking the Start button, right-clicking Computer, clicking Properties, and then clicking Activate Windows now.
- Alternatively search for Activate
Click Show me other ways to activate.
- Type your Windows 7 product key if asked and click Next.
- Click Use the automated phone system (see the picture below). Administrator permission is required. If you are prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.
- Click the location nearest you from the drop-down list, and then click Next.
- Call one of the available phone numbers listed. An automated system will guide you through the activation process.
- When prompted, enter the installation ID that's listed on your screen into your phone's keypad. This Installation ID is grouped into 9 (or 8) groups consisting of 6 numbers. You will always be asked to put the specific group of numbers via your phone, e.g.: ‘Please enter the digits from the first group’.
- Write down the confirmation ID that the phone system gives you. This will again be 9 groups of numbers that you will put into corresponding input field.
- Type the confirmation ID into the space provided under Step 3 in the activation dialog, click Next, and then follow the instructions.
Product activation for advanced users only
There is also a different and faster option to activate your product once you have your Confirmation ID from the Letactivate.com website.
This procedure is one of the official ways to activate your product, as you can see on the Microsoft website: https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/jj980163(v=winembedded.81).aspx
Copy the Confirmation ID from Letactivate.com (do not forget to remove spaces between Confirmation ID groups), open cmd.exe with administrator rights and type:
slmgr.vbs /atp <confirmation id>
Then type next command in order to automatically activate the operating system:
Congratulations! Your product is now successfully activated.